Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Work Day



What do you know about Japanese literature?  


 When you finish this journal, please take a paper from the stool.  Click the following link to the libguide...click on "World Culture" tab and the "Japanese" category. Fill in the notes according to what you find in the slideshow and other text.  Keep this.



On the libguide, there is also an assignment that reads “Haiku assignment.”  You can choose to print the assignment page and complete it, or you may choose to type up your Haiku on a word document and print this.  Make sure your name is on it, and turn it in.

Things you can do when you are finished:
·         Read up to chapter 15 in a Long Way Gone (do this at home if you do not finish)
·         Get someone to peer edit your paper (or finish…due at the beginning of class tomorrow)
·         Independent read

Your lyric writing project is due at the beginning of class tomorrow.  Remember to attach your rubric to the paper, and put this in the box if you are finished. 





THANKS!

19 comments:

  1. I know absolutely nothing about japanese literature

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese literature can be in different forms, such as Haiku. A lot of stories are read backwards, and reading sentences goes from up to down. Stories themselves are about moral lessons or cultural aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know there is a legend about a hero who was born from a giant peach that was floating down a river... Maybe that's not a thing, I don't know. Might be some sort of literature. I love Japan....

    ReplyDelete
  4. i know that a Haiku is like a poem type thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know nothing about Japanese literature.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really know anything about Japanese Literature

    ReplyDelete
  7. Japanese literature is different and weird to us, but I don't really know.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Japanese literature includes some poem that all I know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm pretty sure that some books are read backwards and from right to left instead of left to right. But other than that, I don't know anything.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know that Japanese poems are very articulate and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Use Haikus to tell stories as a poem with a specific amount of syllables.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ummm I know what a Haiku is. That's it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know that literature reflects the culture that creates it. Japanese literature probably incorporates values such as honor and the modern literature could include the avant-garde nature of their mainstream products and entertainment. Early literature probably had much to do with nature. I'm not sure if manga is included in Japanese culture, but I know a lot about that.

    ReplyDelete